Hello friends! It’s a new week with new successes on my journey towards weight loss and a healthier lifestyle. Last week’s weigh-in showed a loss of five pounds but due to fatigue and a crazy schedule, I didn’t get around to posting.
My diet leading up to last week’s weigh-in was sub-par and it included some pizza and other junk so that week surprised me. Thrilled of course, but still a shock there was some weight loss. I knew I ate a little too much and exercised too little. But instead of berating myself (okay, maybe a little), I reflected like I often do these days and worked on moving forward.
For those wondering, here are the stats:
Sunday’s weigh-in: 268
Starting weight: 277
Weight lost since January 5: 9 lbs
For this week’s weigh-in I have stayed the same as last week and am surprisingly okay with that. It shows my efforts are paying off and I am doing something right, even if the scale hasn’t budged this week.
I’ve become more conscious of what I eat, how much, and even when. Being a stay at home wife who doesn’t go out much, I don’t have a schedule other than loosely following hubby’s. Throughout this past month, I’ve made more of an effort to be consistent with meal times and not let myself get too hungry. Thus far it’s proven to be a success.
Like the post Celebrating Small Successes, I’m going to list successes followed by challenges:
- More walking. I’ve committed myself to a bare minimum of 4,500 steps a day and remind myself of my goals when not in the mood.
- Consistency with eating good food with proper portion sizes.
- Eating more fruit and vegetables with every meal and occasionally for a snack.
- Taking on new recipes. So far I’ve only made 2 but it’s more than what I usually do.
- Finally joined Weight Watchers! More on that below.
- Fatigue. A lack of a schedule means so-so sleeping habits which often leaves me tired.
- Not enough water. This past week I’ve averaged four 8 oz glasses per day instead of eight.
- Figuring out meals and proper planning. I still don’t have this down other than breakfast. It takes time but sometimes it can be frustrating.
Now, about that last success listed: Yup! Finally joined Weight Watchers! This Tuesday will be my first meeting and I have already started tracking food and activity with the PointsPlus system. It’s easy to understand so far and I’m finding great recipes to try. I’m looking forward to attending the meetings each week. I know it’ll be tough but I’m ready for it.
Learning what works and what doesn’t in addition to figuring out how to plan properly. One of my biggest weaknesses is cooking and planning meals so I am setting out to cook more and learn how to plan. Also, I am going to begin working on a more consistent schedule that will include a specific bedtime whether hubby is with me or not. That’ll be the hardest thing to do but I think it’s vital if I expect to continue to see results.
When it comes to weight loss and/or healthy eating habits, what is one success you are most proud of? What is your greatest weakness?